This lemon and mint infused salad is so refreshing on a hot summer day. The toasted pita adds a delicious crunch and by adding lentils for protein , this salad is a complete meal!
– 2 heads Romaine lettuce, chopped
– 1 bunch mint, chopped – ½ cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
– ½ cucumber, sliced
– 1 can palm hearts, drained and sliced (optional but delicious!)
– 3 small pita breads, toasted & crumbled
– 1 can lentils, drained & rinsed
– Juice of 1 lemon
– 3 Tbsp olive oil
– 1tsp sumac (optional)
– Salt & pepper, to taste.
- Combine all ingredients while pita bread is toasting.
- Allow bread to cool slightly before crumbling into salad. Serve immediately or pita bread will get soggy!