Nothing like a warm bowl of soup on a cold winter’s day! As a vegetarian, I’ve made plenty of lentil soups and stews, but I must say, this one takes the cake! The lemon juice and zest add incredible freshness! Enjoy!
– 1/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp olive oil
– 3 cloves garlic
– 1 Tbsp cumin
– 1/3 Cup cilantro, chopped
– 1 onion, diced
– 1.5 Cups dried green lentils, rinsed
– 5 Cups vegetable stock
– 1 Potato, peeled and diced
– 1 bunch Swiss chard, chopped
– Salt & pepper
– 1 large lemon, juice and zest
1) Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil over low heat. Add garlic, cilantro and cumin. Cook until
fragrant. Remove from heat and set aside.
2) Heat remaining olive oil over medium heat. Saute onion until translucent. Add
lentils and stir until coated.
3) Add vegetable stock and bring to boil.
4) Add potatoes, Swiss chard, salt and pepper. Simmer until potatoes and lentils
5) Add coriander mixture and simmer for 5 minutes.
6) Remove soup from heat and stir in lemon juice/ rind.
7) Serve topped with a lemon wedge and fresh coriander and a side of flat bread.