Sticking with my pumpkin theme, I made this « Thai-Style Pumpkin Soup with Tofu ». I used canned pumpkin purée for convenience, but would be great to roast up the innards of all the carved creations that should be coming!
– 2 Tbsp coconut or vegetable oil
– 1 Onion, diced
– 2 Garlic cloves, minced
– 1 Tbsp Ginger, peeled & minced
– 1 Stalk lemongrass, bruised
– 3 Tbsp Thai red curry paste
– 1 15-ounce can Pumpkin puree
– 2 Cups vegetable broth
– 1 14-ounce can Coconut milk, unsweetened
– 2 Tbsp Lime juice
– 1 block firm Tofu, cubed
– 1 pack Rice noodles
– Chopped fresh cilantro/ Thai basil
– Wedge of lime
1) In large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 5
minutes. Add garlic, ginger, lemongrass and curry paste. Cook for 3 minutes.
2) Add pumpkin puree and broth. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer for
10-15 minutes. Stir in coconut milk and lime juice in last few minutes of
3) While soup simmers, boil rice noodles.
4) Remove soup from heat. Using immersion blender, blend until smooth.
5) Stir in diced tofu.
6) Divide rice noodles between bowls, add large ladle of soup and top with
chopped herbs/ lime
*Makes 6 servings