Even though I’m a vegetarian, I can very well admit that Brussels sprouts and bacon are a match made in heaven, so I added some veggie bacon in, but please feel free to use the real stuff if you prefer. Also, the crispy fried shallots are phenomenal and should not be skipped!
– 2 Cups brussels sprouts, shredded
– 1 Pear, diced
– ¼ Cup dried cranberries
– ¼ Cup roasted sunflower seeds
– ¼ Cup crumbled feta cheese
– 2 Shallots, sliced and pan fried
– 4 Slices “Veggie Bacon”, chopped and pan fried (optional)
– 2 Tbsp olive oil
– 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
– 2 Tbsp maple syrup
– 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
– Salt & pepper, to taste
1) Remove tough outer layer of leaves from brussels sprouts and trim tip of core. Shred finely with a sharp knife. Place in bowl with cranberries,
seeds, pear and feta.
2) Heat 2 Tbsp oil in pan and fry shallots until golden and crisp. Drain on paper towel. Add chopped veggie bacon to pan and heat until warm.
3) Combine dressing ingredients and pour onto salad. Toss to coat.
4) Add shallots and veggie bacon. Give a final toss and serve as side or main dish. Enjoy!