Because breakfast truly is the best meal of the day, here is yet another pancake recipe that I love. I always make a few extra, to either freeze for another breakfast or to take along as a perfect healthy snack.
– 1 cup quick oats – 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
– 1 Tbsp brown sugar
– 1 Tbsp baking powder
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 3/4 tsp cinnamon
– 1 egg
– 1 cup milk (add a little more for thinner pancakes)
– 1/4 cup melted margarine, butter or oil
– 1 cup grated Apple
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In separate bowl, beat together egg, milk and margarine/oil.
- Add to dry ingredients and stir until lumpy.
- Mix in grated apple.
- Heat pan and brush with small amount oil/ Pam.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter on pan.
- Cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden.
- Serve topped with fruit & yogurt or just plain old maple syrup. Delicious on their own as well!