This soup is so quick to put together and is full of healthy ingredients. Serve up with some crusty bread, and voilà, dinner is served!
– 4 garlic cloves, minced
– 1 onion, diced
– 1 head cabbage, chopped
– 1 can diced tomatoes
– 1 can navy beans, drained and rinsed
-1.5 litres broth (vegetable or chicken)
– 1.5 Tbsp oil (I used avocado and olive)
– 2 tsp turmeric (optional)
– 1tsp thyme
– salt & pepper, to taste
1) Heat oil in large pot. Sauté garlic and onion.
2) Add cabbage and stir until it becomes soft
3) Add beans and tomatoes, strut. Cover with broth and bring to boil.
4) Turn down heat, add seasonings and allow to simmer, partly covered for 20 minutes or so.