This super-simple kale frittata is loaded with protein, veggies and flavour!
– Vegetable oil, 1-2 tablespoons
– 1 small onion, sliced
– 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
– 2 cups kale, chopped
– 6-8 small round potatoes (or 1 regular sized), sliced, with skin, boiled
– 8 eggs, whisked
-1/2 cup shredded cheddar
– salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Boil sliced potatoes for a few minutes.
- In medium skillet/ oven-safe pan, fry onion for a few minutes.
- Add garlic and kale, stir 5 minutes until kale wilts.
- Add potatoes and season with salt & pepper.
- Mix beaten eggs with grated cheese, and pour over potato & kale mixture. Allow to cook for a few minutes.
- Transfer to oven and bake until eggs set (5-7 minutes).
- Broil for 1 minute until top is golden.
- Slice and serve with green salad.