This is my Mother-in-law’s easy & delicious recipe for ‘pasta e fagioli’ (pasta with beans). I add the cauliflower to increase the veggie content. Feel free to add any extra ones you enjoy!
– 2 Tbsp olive oil
– 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
– 1/2 can small white beans (cannellini/ navy beans), with liquid
– 1/3 can chopped tomatoes
– 1/2 head cauliflower, minced
– 1/2 box small pasta (ditali)
– Parsley, fresh or dried
– 2 cups chicken/ vegetable stock
– Pepper, to taste.
– saute garlic in olive oil
– add beans in juice, cauliflower, diced tomatoes and parsley. Saute until heated through.
– add pasta and stir to coat
– gradually add stock, stirring regularly until pasta is cooked (thick, stew consistency)
– season with black pepper to taste