Looking for a healthy burger option? Try these tasty Black Bean & Quinoa Patties!
Made from scratch, they are loaded with taste but light on calories. The steak seasoning adds a great depth to the flavor. Feel free to make a double-recipe and freeze a few for a quick meal. Bake ahead of time and they can be tossed onto the BBQ to re-heat.
– 1.5 cups cooked quinoa (1/2 cup dry)
– 1 small onion, finely chopped
– 6 sundries tomatoes (packed in oil), drained and minced
– 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed, divided
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 Tablespoon steak seasoning
– Sauté onion together with sundries tomatoes (oil from tomatoes should be enough to cook with)
– Add in half the black beans, garlic, steak seasoning and 1.5 cups of water. Simmer about 5 minutes until most of liquid is absorbed.
– Transfer bean mixture to a food processor with 3/4 cup quinoa and process until smooth
– transfer to a large bowl and add the remaining beans and quinoa. Allow to cool slightly.
– Shape 1/2 cup of mixture at a time into 8 patties. Bake 20 minutes at 350. Flip and bake another 10.
Serve on your favourite buns or topped on a salad.