This Watercress & Ricotta Frittata is a perfect Easter inspired dish! Watercress is an under appreciated green: loaded with nutrients such as folate and vitamin K. The flavour is slightly reminiscent of fresh-cut grass (in a good way!). On top of that, the lemon zest in the recipe adds delightful freshness. Makes a great addition to brunch a supper dish paired with a side salad!
– 2 Tbsp canola oil
– 1 onion, chopped
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 large bunch (3 cups) watercress, rough ends trimmed, coarsely chopped – 8 large eggs, beaten
– 1.5 cups ricotta
– 1/3 cup grated parmesan
– Zest of 1 large lemon
– ¼ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
– Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 375
- In large, ovenproof skillet, heat oil, swirling to coat edges
- Sauté garlic and onion until translucent. Season with salt and pepper
- Add watercress and sauté until wilted (1-2 minutes)
- In large bowl, combine eggs, ricotta, parmesan, lemon zest and nutmeg 6) Pour ricotta mixture over watercress
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until just set. Slice and serve.