Perfect weather to cook up a hearty (vegetarian!) chili. I used black beans, kidney beans and @yvesveggiecuisine ground round for protein and served on top of whole wheat couscous with avocado and blue corn tortilla chips on top. Yum!
– 1 Tbsp Avocado oil
– 3 minced garlic cloves
– 1 yellow onion
– 1 red pepper
– 2 tbsp chili powder
– 1 ½ tsp cumin
– 2 tsp oregano
– 1 lb Yves veggie ground round
– 14.5 oz can tomato sauce
– 14.5 oz can fire roasted tomato sauce with chipotle peppers
– Dash of hot sauce
– 14.5 oz can sweet corn
– 15 oz can black beans
– 15 oz can kidney beans
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium – high heat
2. Add in garlic, onions, red pepper and sauté for 5-7 minutes
3. Add in chili powder, cumin, oregano and stir + cook another minute
4. Add veggie ground round
5. Add in tomato sauce, chipotle peppers, corn, black beans and kidney beans. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Bring chili to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally
7. Serve on cous cous topped with diced avocado and tortilla chips. Enjoy!