Made a very festive vegetarian appetizer and dessert. The veggie pate is super delicious and simple if you have a food processor (recipe below). The minted pomegranate fruit cup is a perfect, refreshing dessert after a heavy meal. Simply combine pomegranate seeds with diced oranges. Combine with fresh mint muddled with sugar and serve in a pretty glass.
– ½ can lentils, drained & rinsed
– ½ Cup sunflower seeds, toasted
– 1 Tbsp olive oil
– 3 shallots, chopped
– 2 Cups mushrooms, chopped
– ½ Cup parsley, chopped
– 1 Tbsp rosemary, dried
– ¼ Cup nutritional yeast (optional)
– Salt & pepper, to taste
1) Toast sunflower seeds in a large skillet over medium heat until fragrant.
Place into food processor.
2) Return pan to heat and add oil. Saute shallots until translucent. Add
remaining ingredients. Saute until mushrooms cooked, about 4-5 minutes.
3) Place mushroom mixture into food processor and pulse until a pate
texture is reached.
4) Press into a container and cool in fridge.
*Makes 6-8 appetizer servings