Weather getting you down? Consider this Roasted Beet & Sweet Potato Soup a warm ray of sunshine on a cold day! My secret ingredients? Patak’s curry paste for insta-flavour and a can of white beans to add some protein / fibre to the mix. Purées into a thick, beautifully coloured dish!
– 2 Tbsp vegetable oil + 1Tbsp
– ½ Onion, diced
– 2-3 large beets, peeled, cut into cubes
– 1 large sweet potato, peeled, cut into cubes
– 1-2 Tbsp Patak’s curry paste
– 1 Can white beans, drained and rinsed
– 500ml vegetable stock
– Salt & pepper, to taste
– Chopped fresh herbs of choice
– Plain Greek yogurt
1) Preheat oven to 375. Toss beets and sweet potato in 2 Tbsp oil. Roast
until fragrant, about 20-25 minutes.
2) Sauté onion in 1 Tbsp oil. Add roasted vegetables, beans. Add curry
paste. Stir until combined.
3) Pour vegetable stock until vegetables just covered. Bring to boil then
lower to simmer. Simmer until vegetables soft, about 10-15 minutes.
4) Puree in blender or with immersion blender. Serve topped with a dollop of
Greek yogurt and chopped herbs