This recipe is high in protein and complex carbohydrates, making it a perfect post-workout snack, or simply a decadent, yet nutrient-packed treat!
– 3/4 cup ground almonds/ almond flour
– 1/2 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
– 1/4 cup hemp hearts (can be substituted for chia seed or ground flax seed)
– 1/4 cup honey
– 1/4 cup coconut oil
– 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
– 1/3 cup shredded coconut
– Melt chocolate chips together with honey and coconut oil over medium-low heat.
– Remove from heat. Add all remaining ingredients except for shredded coconut. Mix until thick paste forms.
– Using damp hands, roll approximately 1 tablespoon of mixture into ball and then roll in shredded coconut to cover.
– Place in fridge to set. Makes approximately 15 balls.