This is one of my all-time favorite recipes. Who says tofu has to be boring?
– 1 lb (450g) tofu, cubed (pressed first to remove liquid, if desired)
– 2 Tbsp corn starch
– 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
– 4 Green onions, diagonally sliced
– 2 tsp ginger, minced
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– ¼ Cup vegetable broth
– ¼ Cup brown sugar
– 2 Tbsp soy sauce
– 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
– 2 Tbsp ketchup
– 1 tsp corn starch
– 1 tsp siracha sauce
– Rice & steamed broccoli
1) Mix ingredients of sauce. Set aside.
2) Place cornstarch on large plate and toss tofu in it.
3) Heat oil in large wok. Fry tofu in batches until golden. Remove from oilwith slotted spoon and place on paper towel.
4) In same wok, add more oil and fry green onions, garlic and ginger for 1-2 minutes. Add sauce. Bring to boil.
5) Add fried tofu and toss to coat. Serve with rice and steamed broccoli.