My dear friend Lynda turned me on to this amazing dish with an even better name: Shakshuka. Effectively eggs poached in a zesty tomato sauce and served with some crusty bread, this dish is simple but simply heavenly!!
– 2 Tbsp olive oil
– 1 onion, diced
– 3 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 tsp paprika
– 1 tsp cumin
– 1 large can whole tomatoes
– 1 Tbsp tomato paste
– Salt & pepper
– 6 eggs
– 1/3 Cup crumbled feta
– Fresh parsley (I only had dried)
– Sauté onion and garlic in oil with seasonings.
– Add tomatoes and tomato paste. Crush tomatoes with potato masher. Allow to simmer until sauce thickens, around 20 minutes.
– Crack eggs onto sauce around the pan. Allow to cook 7 minutes, covering for last minute.
– Top with crumbled feta and parsley. Serve with spatula with a side of crusty bread. Enjoy!