The mashed potatoes are made with cauliflower, and I add extra veggies to the corn layer, resulting in a nutrient packed version of the original.
– 1 pack Yves Veggie Ground Round (available at most super markets)
– 1 onion, minced
– 2 medium potatoes, with skin, cubed
– 1/2 large head cauliflower
– 1 small can corn, rinsed
– 1 cup frozen peas and carrots, defrosted
– 2 tsp vegetable oil
– 1 Tbsp HP Sauce (optional)
– 1 Tbsp margarine
– Salt & pepper
– Paprika (optional)
– Boil potatoes until soft.
– Use steamer basket over potatoes to steam cauliflower or put cauliflower florets into boiling water until softened.
– Mash potatoes together with cauliflower. Mix in margarine, salt and pepper.
– Sauté diced onion in oil and add veggie ground round. Stir until heated through.
– Place onion on veggie ground round mixture onto base of casserole dish.
– Cover mixture with carrots, peas and corn
– Top with potato and cauliflower mixture. Sprinkle with paprika
– Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.