If you like mushrooms, you will LOVE this dish!
- Sautée a variety of chopped mushrooms (I used cremini, button and shiitake) with minced shallots, garlic and sliced green onion in butter. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Place mushroom mixture on top of a toasted ciabatta
- Top with grated Parmesan cheese
- Cover with a poached egg on top ( key to perfect poaching: crack egg into small bowl first and carefully slide into pot of simmering water that has been stirred to create a whirlpool effect. Cook for 2-4 minutes.)
- Serve immediately. Cut into the egg to allow the yolk to flow over the mushrooms for an incredible flavour experience.
Who ever said vegetarian meals lacked flavour??